NAE4-HYDP is a globally recognized, culturally diverse network for 4-H youth development professionals. Membership is open to local, regional, state or national Cooperative Extension staff who works with 4-H youth programs. Affiliate membership is available
to other youth development professionals, former NAE4-HYDP members, and supporters.
- Opportunities for professional recognition and awards at state, regional and national level
- Travel and educational scholarships and grants
- Annual NAE4-HYDP conference, featuring professional improvement seminars, poster sessions, research papers and exhibits
- Leadership development opportunities through association leadership positions and leadership development conferences
New Member Brochure (pdf) Member Benefits Flyer (pdf)
There are five categories to membership with NAE4-HYDP: Active, Life, Student, and Affiliate.
The membership year is January 1 - December 31. Dues are not pro-rated.
NOTE: National dues must be received not later than 1/31 to be eligible for awards. See Awards page for more details.
Active Members: Currently employed by the Extension System in professional status or operating under an official agreement with the Extension System in a Professional Status and assigned responsibility for 4-H youth development or professional
interest in promoting and supporting same. Active Dues: $80 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Affiliate Members: Includes adult professionals employed in youth development other than Extension or former NAE4-HYDP dues paying members who were Active members but do not currently qualify for Active or Life membership. Affiliate Dues: $80 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Life Members: An Individual having ever held NAE4-HYDP active member status. Upon or after retirement, will pay one-time dues equal to three times the current active member amount.” Life Member Dues: a onetime fee of $240 plus any state dues, if applicable.
Student Members: An individual who is currently attending a college/university with full-time student status will pay one-half current dues amount.Student Dues: $40 plus any state dues, if applicable.
STATE MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
Q: In my State I'm the Membership Chair, how do I renew and add new members from my state?
- Have your new members create a NAE4-HYDP profile. This will add them to the membership database.
- Have your returning member, please sign on and update your profile (this can be done anytime).
- IF the State is collecting dues from state members and they are taken to checkout, please have them select the Bill Me (invoice) option.
- Collect NAE4-HYDP dues from your state members.
- Email the completed State Reporting Form to email@example.com prior to the payment arriving by January 31.
- Mail a check for dues to National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals 701 Exposition Place, Suite 206, Raleigh, NC 27615
NOTE: NAE4-HYDP no longer requires individual members to provide proof that they updated a profile. This is a basic feature in the new platform and is built into the yearly profile update/renewal process.
Q: It is after annual renewal, how do I renew and/or add new State members?
First, create a NAE4-HYDP profile this will add you to the membership database.
Some Basic Steps:
- Select your Member Type. (Active is the most common)
- Enter a Username. (Most members use an email address)
- Enter your First and Last name.
- Select your State.
- Continue to enter your profile information.
- At Checkout:
Please select the Bill Me (invoice) option.
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NAE4-HYDP is committed to the active involvement of all its members regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political belief, sexual orientation and marital or family status. All members
will be encouraged to participate in programs and activities and take leadership roles in the association.