The National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA) has continually focused energy and efforts into ensuring professional development opportunities are made available to enhance the knowledge and skills of its membership. The NAE4-HA First-Timer Scholarship is a tribute to those professionals that have a passion for the 4-H Youth Development Program. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide a means for members to attend the annual NAE4-HA Conference in order to foster new and continued professional growth.
- To encourage new/existing NAE4-HA members to attend the national conference.
- To promote national level involvement by Extension 4-H Youth Development educators.
- To advocate the 4-H Youth Development Program to association members through educational efforts.
- To provide financial means for NAE4-HA members to attend the national conference.
Scholarship awards will be considered annually with
applications due March 1
to the state Membership Recognition Chair. Submitted applications will be judged on the state level, with the Membership Recognition Chair forwarding an electronic copy of the top application to their respective NAE4-HA Regional Director of Communication by April 1
. Awardees will be announced June 1
Only members who will be attending the NAE4-HA Conference for their first time are eligible to apply for the award. Two scholarships will be awarded per region for members to use towards NAE4-HA Conference registration costs. Scholarship awards will be paid out to the awardee(s) once conference registration has been confirmed, and participation in the event has taken place.
Applications for the scholarship will be judged on the following measures:
- Quality of the proposal, including clarity, completeness and professionalism
- Potential for the scholarship funds to result in enhanced knowledge and skills for the educator
Capacity for the member to share the NAE4-HA Conference experience with others in the 4-H Youth Development Program
The First Timer Scholarship Application